27 April 2021
1. Collection and Use of Personal Information
2. Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
3. Disclosure of Your Information to Third Parties
4. Updating and Correcting Information
5. Your Choices
6. Security of Information
7. Age Restrictions
1. Collection and Use of Personal Information
Depending on how you use the Site, we may ask you to share personally identifiable information ("Personal Information") with us. Whether you choose to share your Personal Information is completely up to you, but keep in mind that you may not be able to access some areas of the Site or effectively use the services we offer on the Site without sharing Personal Information. Personal Information includes any information that identifies or can be used to identify, contact or locate you. Examples include your name, address, email address, phone number, age, household information, educational background and credit card information. Below are some examples of when we collect Personal Information.
1. Account Information. When you register for the Site, we will ask for certain information about you, such as your name, address, email, birth date and phone number. If you are registering as a Patient, we will also ask for reason for hospitalization if you are registering as a Sitter, we will also ask for your experience, your hourly rate(s), transportation information and booking availability.
2. If you use an account from an online social platform (e.g., Facebook) to register for the Site, we will request your permission to access certain information about you from that social platform. For example, if you log in using your Facebook account, we will request your permission to access your basic information on Facebook, such as your name, profile picture, and list of friends. We will use your information from these online social platforms to make the Site registration process easier and to enhance and personalize your use of the Site (e.g., by connecting you with Patients or Sitters you or your online network know).
3. We may also, either during or after the registration process, use the Personal Information you have provided to us, request further Personal Information from you and/or use third party services, to verify your account or registration information or compliance with SitByCare's Terms of Service, or order a background check. For example, you may be asked to answer a knowledge-based question and/or provide a form of photo identification for purposes of verifying your identity.
4. We may use your email address and/or your phone number (if you choose to provide it) to send you account confirmations, notifications and appointment status reminders, to request reviews, to contact you on behalf of other Users sending you messages, and to otherwise provide services to you in connection with the Site. We may also send you promotional emails, such as monthly newsletters, new service offerings, special discounts and third-party offers. If you would rather not receive promotional emails, please see the section below titled "Your Choices."
5. We also use your Personal Information for administrative purposes, such as addressing account and billing issues, troubleshooting Site issues, investigating abuse on the Site, responding to User inquiries and enforcing and applying our Terms of Service. We may also send you text message communications in connection with the Services if you opt in to receive text messages by providing your mobile phone number as part of your registration process or in your account settings.
6. Other Users may also be able to find your Profile on the Site by using search parameters that coincide with the Personal Information you have provided to us.
7. User Profile. After you register for the Site, you will have the opportunity to create a Profile about yourself. Your Profile may include different information depending on whether you are a Patient or a Sitter. How much information you disclose on your Profile is entirely up to you, though at a minimum, your Profile will include information you provided to us in the account registration process (though your contact information, as well as certain other information, is disclosed only in the limited manner described below) and certain information about your Site activity (described in subsection f below).
i. For Patients: Patients may include information on their Profile about their health condition, emergency contact information and payment information. All registered Users will be able to view the Patient's photo, first name, last initial, When a Patient reviews a Sitter or requests a booking with a Sitter, the Sitter can view the Patient's full Profile.
ii. For Sitters: Sitters may include information about their hourly rates, background, availability, education, certifications, languages spoken and experience, and any geographic or other limitations or preferences. All visitors to the Site (including non-registered visitors) can view a Sitter's Profile, except that a Sitter's email, address and phone number is disclosed only to a Patient with a confirmed booking.
8. Information in your Profile is also available in search results to help your friends find you.
9. Reviews and Other Public Content. Patients will have the opportunity to provide Reviews about Sitters they have used. Users may also have other opportunities to contribute to the Site, such as public forums, bulletin boards and talk threads. We may store these contributions ("Public Content"), display them to other Users, and use them for promotional purposes. Your Public Content becomes public information once you post it, and copies of it may continue to be viewable even after you delete your account. Your Public Content may appear on other websites or web searches, and therefore this information can be read, collected and used by others. Note that if you include Personal Information about yourself in your Public Content, it can be used and viewed by others. Please remember that you are not permitted to disclose any Personal Information about another User or anyone else in your Public Content (see our content guidelines).
10. Third Party References. Sitters may request third parties to provide Reviews on the Site by providing the third party reference's email. We will use the email only to contact the third party reference and to invite the third party reference to review the Sitter. Third party references will be required to become a registered Patient in order to post a review. As with other Reviews, the review and the Patient's user name will be posted on the Sitter's Profile and search results pages that include the Sitter.
11. Inviting Friends/Sitters. Users may invite friends to join the Site by providing their contact information, selecting Facebook friends to be invited or by entering your log-in information to import your address book from other sites. We will use your friends' contact information to invite them to join and connect with you on the Site. We may store their Personal Information in our records, but will not send them promotional emails unless they register for an account or otherwise request us to do so.
12. Bookings and Other Site Activity. Your Profile, completed bookings and other Site activity (e.g., Reviews, number of repeat Sitters/Families, how long you've been on SitByCare, number of friends on SitByCare, any linked Facebook accounts) may be shared with other Users. For example, your booking activity may be displayed on your friends' dashboards so your friends can see what Sitters you have used and/or reviewed, or Patients you have worked with, or a Sitter’s Profile, availability, or booking activity may be shared in marketing or promotional emails to other Users.. Some of this information may be displayed as "badges" on your profile (for example, if you are a Sitter who has cleared a current background check, your profile will display a background check badge). In addition, other Users you have designated as "Favorites" or whom you’ve recommended may be visible to other Users.
13. Messaging. The Site allows you to exchange messages with other Users using the messaging feature. We may store these messages in order to deliver them and allow you to manage them.
14. Facebook and Other Third Party Services. In addition to Facebook, the Site may also provide access to other third party services to interact with friends and to import information about who you are connected with on those other services so you can connect with them on the Site. Some of those third party services may also provide us with information from those accounts there to enhance and personalize your use of the Site. For example, you may be able to follow a Facebook friend's activity on the Site (e.g., a friend's booking activity or reviews they have posted) or see other Users whom they know. You may also allow your activity on the Site to be shared on the third-party site. For example, if you post a Review on the Site, you may have the option to post your Review on your Facebook Wall. You can also further modify your privacy settings with those other services directly.
15. Payment Information. To process payments, we will require your credit card information and billing information. Users will also have the option of storing this information as part of their account information. Credit card transactions are processed through industry standard Secure Socket Layer by a third party, which only uses your information for that purpose.
16. Job Postings. Information in your job postings, excluding your name (unless you include it in your job description) and profile photo, but including such other information as your neighborhood, city and state, job description (including number and age of children, hours needed, qualifications desired, rate offered) and job posting date may be shared with third party search engines and other services who run classified advertisements. Note that if you include Personal Information about yourself in your job description (e.g., your name or contact information), it may appear in the shared job postings and may be accessible to the public. These shared job postings may appear in third party web site search results, and would allow the public to link back to your SitByCare posting. To view your complete job posting, a user would then need to register and/or log in to the SitByCare site.
17. Feedback. If you contact us to give us feedback, register a complaint or ask questions about the Site or Services, we may store your communications, including any Personal Information you include in them, so we can effectively respond to you.
18. Teen Sitters. If you are a Teen Sitter, we will also, either during or after the registration process, use the Personal Information you have provided to us, to ask you for the name, email and/or phone number of your Patient or legal guardian (“Teen Sitter’s Patient”), and we will use this information to contact Teen Sitter’s Patient to obtain their consent for you to register and use the Site (see Terms of Service, Section 3.l).
2. Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information.
Non-personal information is information that does not identify the specific User. This type of information may include things like the URL of the website you visited before and after visiting our Site, the type of browser you are using, and the IP address of the computer you use to visit the Site.
1. Cookies. We collect some anonymous information about how you use the Site by setting and accessing cookies on your computer. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer. These cookies track information such as how often you visit the Site, what pages you view, and where you go after you leave the Site. The cookies track your computer, not you. They are not connected to any personal information about you. If you choose to disable a cookie, you may not be able to use certain features of the Site.
2. Activity and Log Data. We automatically store information related to your use of the Site in our log files, such as the pages you view on the Site, your browser type, IP address, operating system, referring URL and the date and time of your visit. We use this type of information to administer the Site and to analyze trends. This information is not tied to personally identifiable information.
3. Web Beacons and Other Tracking Devices. We and/or advertising affiliates may use other industry standard technologies like web beacons or tracking pixels to count the number of users that visit a page on the Site that includes these web beacons. Web beacons are used to report on site traffic and are used to analyze the effectiveness of advertising campaigns and how Users interact with the Site. The web beacons do not identify individual users and analysis of data obtained is performed on an aggregate basis. We may also rely upon third parties to assist with the use and implementation of web beacons. We may also use third-party advertising companies to serve or track ads on the Site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information about your visits to the Site and other web sites in order to measure advertising effectiveness and to provide advertisements about goods or services that may be of interest to you.
4. Do Not Track Signals. Some web browsers have a "Do Not Track" feature. This feature lets you tell websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. These features are not yet uniform across browsers. SitByCare does not engage in online tracking of its users (i.e., the collection of personal information about an user's online activities over time and across third party websites or online services), and therefore, the Site is not currently set up to respond to "Do Not Track" signals. SitByCare also does not authorize third parties to collect personally identifiable information about an individual consumer's online activities over time and across different websites when a consumer uses the Site or Services.
3. Disclosure of Your Information to Third Parties.
1. Disclosure By Law; Protection of Us and Others. We may disclose information you provide if required to do so by law, at the request of a third party, or if we, in our sole discretion, believe that disclosure is reasonable to (1) comply with the law, requests or orders from law enforcement, or any legal process (whether or not such disclosure is required by applicable law), (2) protect or defend SitByCare's, or a third party's rights or property, or (3) protect someone's health or safety, such as when harm or violence against any person (including you) is threatened.
2. Aggregate Data. We may share aggregate data about Users with third parties, including advertisers and marketing partners. This information does not identify individual Users.
3. Service Providers. We may share your Personal Information with companies that perform services for us, such as analyzing customer data, providing marketing assistance, and processing credit card payments. They have access to Personal Information as needed to perform their functions, but may not disclose your Personal Information for other purposes.
5. Promotional Partners. We may share certain Personal Information about Users who were referred to our Site through a promotional partner using a designated promotional code. In such circumstances, we will notify Users using the promotional code of the information that will be shared and the party to whom it will be shared.
6. Information Available to Other Users and the Public. As described in Section 1 above, certain information about a User or relating to a User's site activity (including without limitation, Sitter profiles, Public Content and shared job postings) may be accessible to Users (including non-registered Users) and/or otherwise available to the public.
7. Third Party Advertisers. Third parties may provide some of the advertisements on the Site. We do not share any Personal Information with them, but they may have access to information they obtain through cookies, beacons or other tracking devices discussed in Section 2 above or that you share with them yourself. Please note that we do not rent, share, sell or trade Personal Information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
8. Teen Sitters. Personal Information of Teen Sitters may be shared with the Teen Sitter’s Patient as we deem appropriate.
4. Updating and Correcting Information.
If you need to change your Personal Information, you may update or correct this information by logging into your account and accessing either the "Profile" section within your account or the "Settings" section under "My Account." We encourage you to update your Personal Information promptly if it changes. If you choose to store credit card information on the Site, this is stored on a secure page and you may delete your credit card information at any time by accessing the "My Account" section within your account and clicking on "Payment."
5. Your Choices.
SitByCare provides you with the ability to opt-out of receiving promotional emails (e.g., monthly newsletters, new service offerings, special discounts and third-party offers) from us. If you wish to discontinue receiving promotion emails, you can opt-out by using the link on the bottom of every promotional email you receive from SitByCare. Please note that you cannot opt-out of receiving administrative and transaction-related emails from us. These are emails that relate to your account or your activity on the Site.
6. Security of Information.
We take security of your Personal Information seriously and take precautions to protect your Personal Information. We encrypt certain sensitive information (such as credit card information) using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, and implement other commercially reasonable procedures to protect your Personal Information. But, no method of data transmission over the Internet or data storage is 100% secure and therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of any information transmitted to or from the Site.
7. Age Restrictions.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under 18, and no part of the Site is designed to attract anyone under the age of 18. If you become aware that your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we become aware that an individual under 18 has opened an account and provided us with Personal Information, we take steps to remove such information and terminate that person's account.
9. Contact Us.
SitByCare, Inc. Privacy 268 Bush Street, P.O. Box 3944 San Francisco, CA 94104 help@SitByCare.com